Once a source of "Not all you want to know about Texas Adventure Racing," but now just some "leisure" adventure through the eyes of "The K-SPoT"

Friday, September 28, 2007

Nostalgic

Recently, for some reason, I've been getting reoccuring yearnings to go back to the Philippines for a visit. Not sure why, but it seems to be feeding on itself. I got a bit nostalgic, mostly because of Google Earth, and looked for my house in Angeles City. Here it is:

navigators always love to map it out

So crazy...it was so long ago, but I can vividly remember fragments of my time there. I'm just hoping I can finally get back and maybe even do an adventure race there--there's a yahoo group that I've joined just to keep track of the race scene there. They've actually done several races at the former Clark AFB. Speaking of, it makes me the saddest when I see what that place has become. So many buildings have been left to rot in place. A great example is this set of photos I found of the Base Hospital. Funny, because I used to dread going there, but now I miss it for some sadistic reason.


Clark Hospital just after abandonment, I think



Clark Hospital 2005


Crazy huh? I remember seeing photos of Wagner High School too, with the jungle pretty much reclaiming it...I didn't even go there (my brother did), but I miss it! Anyway, I just wanted to vent a little. Just in case, anyone want to race in the Philippines in the near future?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home